Anonymous

Should I join NHS as a senior?

I’m a current senior and I’m thinking of joining NHS. For the record, I am NOT doing it just for colleges. One of the requirements for NHS is evidence of leadership positions and in the previous years I did not have much. 

But now that I have 3 leadership positions (1 during my junior year as HOSA Parliamentarian and 2 during my senior year as Asian Student Union President and HOSA Reporter), I can finally showcase them ton my NHS application. 

I know colleges like to see consistency (I already have 5 extracurriculars that I still participate in) but do U think I should still list NHS on my activities section? Because that is the ONLY new activity I’m doing this year. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If you join NHS for your senior year, then list it as an EC for your senior year. It really isn’t going to make a difference on your college appligations

• John
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I would recommend you review the answers you were given the other times you posted this.  

• 1 month ago

Join if you actually. want to join and feel you can handle the additional time commitment.  NHS is well recognized as a national academic achievement.

Yes, list it under extracurricular activities.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

thats up to you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.