Anonymous

Should I join NHS as a senior?

I’m a current senior and I’m thinking of joining NHS. For the record, I am NOT doing it just for colleges. One of the requirements for NHS is evidence of leadership positions and in the previous years I did not have much. 

But now that I have 3 leadership positions (1 during my junior year as HOSA Parliamentarian and 2 during my senior year as Asian Student Union President and HOSA Reporter), I can finally showcase them ton my NHS application. 

I know colleges like to see consistency (I already have 5 extracurriculars that I still participate in) but do U think I should still list NHS on my activities section? Because that is the ONLY new activity I’m doing this year. 

• drip
    Favorite Answer

If you join NHS for your senior year, then list it as an EC for your senior year. It really isn’t going to make a difference on your college appligations

• John

I would recommend you review the answers you were given the other times you posted this.  

Join if you actually. want to join and feel you can handle the additional time commitment.  NHS is well recognized as a national academic achievement.

Yes, list it under extracurricular activities.

thats up to you