Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Will answering your own question make people answer more quickly?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Sometimes I will answer my own question anonymously to "get the ball rolling", so to speak, with mixed results. Seems to work better if I answer blatantly wrong, or just outright troll myself. 

What a life I got, eh?

• Robert
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Unlikely.

As I am unable to post questions because they are immediately "ghosted" (No ! - Placing any URL for the question within an Update does not help, neither does moving the question between categories help either), perhaps people would like to consider why apparently only my answers may sometimes get all their paragraph-breaks removed. See example here:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20201...

Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, no reason it should. If anything, if an OP answers their own question (with a correct answer) quickly, when few or no other users have had the opportunity to reply, it indicates the OP didn't need to post the question in the first place because they already knew the answer - which would be a violation. The site is for questions seeking information, not questions one already knows the answer to. 

• Darla
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I don't think so. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No.  It usually just gets you reported for interacting with yourself.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No Answering your own Question will not have any Effect on making your Question get Answered Faster 

• 1 month ago

No, usually just the opposite. It will make some just skip the question.

• 1 month ago

No, not if your question or your answer are chat violations. You do not get any points when you answer your own question and you cannot choose your own answer as favorite/best answer. All you are doing is?wasting your own and other people's time and Verizon's power memory space and bandwidth in an attempt to get attention and feed your ego. YA is NOT and never has been a chat forum. 

• 1 month ago

No.            

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.