If You are a Christian, Should You Know the Bible Backwards and Forwards?

My father is very old school and believes homosexuality is a sin because "God said it is wrong in the Bible".  I asked him to tell or show me the specific verse where that is mentioned and he couldn't answer me.   I then told him what a great Christian he was for not knowing it and he got mad.

Ask any Jewish person something from the Torah or a Muslim regarding the Qur'an and they will most likely be able to answer you.

Favorite Answer

If I had a book that I thought was the inerrant word of my creator deity I think I'd give it a good read.

Jesus never mention homosexuals Augie. Obviously facts are not your strong suit

Homosexuality can send you to Hell. Facts are facts, whether you are old school or new school

Yet, in spite of that "knowledge" neither Jews or Muslims have any real hope of salvation, without Jesus Christ. Your dad is right.

• Ralph

The fact of the matter: If you are a true believer of God, meaning one that is truly saved by God, then you will grow in grace and you will learn from God holy word the bible, and God will give you wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of God holy word of the bible and then God will keep giving you wisdom so that you grow in grace and you understand all of God holy word the bible because God said faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God and the word of God is the holy bible only. Read 2 Peter 3:18

Source(s): King James holy bible
  • dbobo

did it ever occur to you that insulting someone will generally get them a little upset? if you're that curious why don't you look it up?

Why don't YOU know your question isn't a book title, huh??

Thomas, how "fur" would that be?

Muslims are required to learn to say the Qur'an verbatim almost as soon as they learn to speak.  It's a great achievement for their proud parents.  The Bible is a much bigger volume of books than the Tanakh or the Qur'an

Good (and possibly non-existent) God, NO!

Reading the ENTIRE Bible, and comparing the discrepancies in the Gospels side-by-side, is a very important step on the road to becoming an ATHEIST!!

Meh not really. Their "religion" is basically just cleaned up bigotry with some hymns. You don't need to read the protocols of elders of Zion to be an antisemit. They say it themselves all you need is faith right? 

They should know it backwards best . They're going to do rear entries a bunch .