If I enjoy making Kimchi, am I guilty of cultural appropriation? ?

Man . . . Don’t let that pc bs in your mind in the first place. If you do nothing, you’re part of the machine and the patriarchy. If you fight to help you have a white savior complex. If you don’t know a culture you’re ignorant, if you learn it you’re a know it all whose appropriated the culture. It’s quite intentional, it’s designed this way. 

No such thing ever has existed outside liberal delusion z

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• Fred

Let me make a guess:

You are White; you have yet to make the self imposed cultural blunder of eating any potatoes, corn, tomatoes, squash, rice, and a variety of spices?

... Don't worry; Be happy!   

no, but to the snowflakes, yes.

Why would cooking something be cultural appropriation?  Do you claim kimchi to be a family recipe or a cultural thing?

• Zirp

No, but you would be if you claimed my ethnicity without even speaking the language, or claimed that your culture invented coleslaw

Dearie, "Cultural Appropriation" is when a person Impersonates a person who has a culture for GAIN, Like Eliz Warren  (pretending to be First Nation) or K. Harris (pretending to be Black or allowing misrepresentation of being Black).

Costuming, Parties, and such are Not Appropriation, they are fun.

• Mark

No. Why do you even ask?  Are you trying (and failing) to be funny?