Juan asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

Write a statement that goes with each response. Follow the example?

No.  Follow the example and do it yourself.

• Dave

Juan, I'll give you just one, because this is an exercise in how English is supposed to work. It's up to you to see if whatever you create, 'fits.'   It  just works 'backwards' from the way most English exercises work... You are supposed to think of the statement (blank) where the response is the correct one, the one that fits and makes sense with the statement that is said.  "1. You wanted an ice cream."  or even ... "1. I wanted an ice cream."  or even "1. He wanted an ice cream."  The response "So did they." makes sense for all 3 of those as the next thing you might say. Note:  Several things to watch out for, but the example sentence is in the present tense. for 1.  "So did they" because of the 'did' is suddenly in the past tense. So the statement has to be in the past tense also to get that sensible response. I hope that helps. Hope you get the idea.

Source(s): native AmE