Anonymous

Is it necessary to include the exact start/end dates for each job on your résumé?

I have a photographic memory and therefore can remember the exact dates that I worked at every job I had.

It's not necessary to include the exact start or end dates of your previous jobs on your resume. But I think it's better if you put the month and the year from when you started and finished your previous jobs so that the recruiter can calculate how much time you've spent with your previous jobs.

Just put the years on your resume.   

Source(s): life

You don't need to put the exact dates, but it is good to put the month and the year you started and finished at every job experience on your resume. That way, the recruiters can see clearly how much time you spent on each job.

Source(s): resumecoach.com/write-a-resume/work-experience/

Include the month and year.  Do not include the day of the month.

• RICK

Month and year is all I ever used

Month and year is close enough.  

Month & year is all you need, or for longer-term job, just the years.

Generally, you only include month and year.

If you have had career progression, you include the jobs that are related/stepping stone to the job you are applying for.

If you are applying for a Director of HR position, you don't include your HR Clerk position because it's no longer pertinent.