Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 month ago

rewrite the following sentence to eliminate the dangling modifier?

2. While sitting at the drive-in movie, shooting stars could be seen in the clear night sky.

3. Climbing across the pasture fence, Peter's pants were torn in two places. 

4. To understand the latest computer technology, these courses should be taken. 

5. Faced with the possibility of suspension, studying became attractive to me. 

6. When listening to my iPod, cleaning the apartment does not seem so hard. 

7. To get to class on time, my alarm is set for 6:00 A.M. 

8. Struggling to earn enough money to pay next term's tuition, the job came along just in time. 9. To study in quiet surroundings, the library is the best place to go. 

10. After ending the relationship with Joe, loneliness was Ann's biggest problem.

Favorite Answer

> Sitting at the drive-in movie, we could see shooting stars in the clear night sky.

> Peter tore his pants in two places when he climbed across the pasture fence.

> To understand the latest computer technology, take these courses.

> Studying became attractive to me when I was faced with the possibility of suspension.

> Cleaning the apartment does not seem so hard when I listen to my iPod.

> To get to class on time, I set my alarm for 6:00 A.M.

8. Struggling to earn enough money to pay next term's tuition, the job came along just in time.

> I was struggling to earn enough money to pay next term's tuition, so the job came along just in time.

9. To study in quiet surroundings, the library is the best place to go.

> The library is the best place to go to study in quiet surroundings.

> After she ended the relationship with Joe, Ann's biggest problem was loneliness

2. While sitting at the drive-in movie, I noticed that shooting stars could be seen in the clear night sky.

You do the rest.  Think about who's actually PERFORMING the action in the first clause.

3. Climbing across the pasture fence --- where Peter's PANTS really doing that??

5. Faced with the possibility of suspension -- was STUDYING faced with suspension??

etc.

10. After ending the relationship with Joe,  Ann's biggest problem was loneliness.