Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 month ago

Why are a lot of guitar experts nerds when Rock is a manly mans music?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

What a strange question.  I've found that many musicians took up an instrument because they were too small for others to want them on their sports teams.  So they stayed home, playing music.  Many went on to become superstars worth $millions, with their own jet airplanes & women clinging to them like Crazy Glue.  I didn't pick up a guitar until I was 15 - FAR behind these guys.  My wife calls Blue Oyster Cult "The Dwarfs" because they're all so small.  But Donald Roeser can play rings around me.  I think you have a bent mind.    

I also wonder about your lame contention that rock is "manly man's music."  It seems you never experienced the Wilson sisters, Pat Benatar, Joan Jett, etc.  Or realise that

Dave Davies, Elton John, David Bowie, Freddie Mercury, Pete Townshend  & many, many others are/were homosexual/bisexual.    

• My ex was a nerd & a quick learner. If they enjoy the music that much! they will want to learn guitar & so on. Rock is not only manly music, what about us woman! xD

• Man's Music?!        

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

playing a musical instrument is pretty geeky to start with lol ... you 'better' be good if you hope to escape that ..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.