vodaphone / lebaraa network signal strength in london?

people say they are getting 'phone not available' when i am sitting there with the phone on waiting for their call

what can i do apart from checking the bars/ signal strength?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Are you current with your bill?

• 1 month ago

I live and work in London and drive all over London and the Home Counties as part of my job. 

I use Vodafone for my private iPhone and my employer supplies me with a work iPhone which uses O2. 

Coverage for both voice and data is excellent for both providers. There are a few notorious dead-spots such as the A23 at Hooley where coverage is patchy for both services, or the far south of New Addington where I rarely get a Vodafone signal (and my colleagues using Three cannot get a service there, and also in the adjacent Biggin Hill valley where many report a crap signal with O2 and Three.

The only service I’ve tried which still has a surprisingly poor coverage is Three. Not so long ago, even the Three shop in the Croydon Whitgift Centre could not get a Three signal without using a booster connected to their landline broadband. But walk no more than twenty yards from their store and they had no signal again.

BTW: the signal strength indicator on all phone displays is usually hopelessly inaccurate. Anything which is more than “no signal” is usually fine.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.