vodaphone / lebaraa network signal strength in london?

people say they are getting 'phone not available' when i am sitting there with the phone on waiting for their call

what can i do apart from checking the bars/ signal strength?

Are you current with your bill?

I live and work in London and drive all over London and the Home Counties as part of my job. 

I use Vodafone for my private iPhone and my employer supplies me with a work iPhone which uses O2. 

Coverage for both voice and data is excellent for both providers. There are a few notorious dead-spots such as the A23 at Hooley where coverage is patchy for both services, or the far south of New Addington where I rarely get a Vodafone signal (and my colleagues using Three cannot get a service there, and also in the adjacent Biggin Hill valley where many report a crap signal with O2 and Three.

The only service I’ve tried which still has a surprisingly poor coverage is Three. Not so long ago, even the Three shop in the Croydon Whitgift Centre could not get a Three signal without using a booster connected to their landline broadband. But walk no more than twenty yards from their store and they had no signal again.

BTW: the signal strength indicator on all phone displays is usually hopelessly inaccurate. Anything which is more than “no signal” is usually fine.