Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 month ago

Who are you rooting for in the World Series?

Given their Pitching, Closer, Outfield it's the Dodgers 4 to 1. The Dodgers Dynasty will continue. Best organization in MLB. Owners Magic Johnson and Billie Jean King get their rings. Dodgers Manager Dave Roberts will join an elite club of Dodgers Managers who have won the big one, Walter Alston and Tommy Lasorda. Roberts will get a long term contract and might be Manager for 20 years. The Dodgers unlike other organizations don't like changing managers every time they lose in the Playoffs like those Yankees and Red Sox. Let's win this for Tommy!

Don't forget the Dodgers have a World following. I've been to South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, The Philippines, Vietnam. People were wearing Dodgers caps and Tee Shirts. No one knows Tampa Bay outside of Central Florida. Tampa bay does not have a strong fan base and are always looking to move. They play in an old fashioned Dome that is so 1980's. 

The Dodgers have the players, fans, history behind them. Most people have never heard of the Rays. 

Tampa Bay Rays my hometown 

In what world does just making the playoffs consistently for the past few years make you a dynasty?  I was barely out of high school the last time the Dodgers won the WS, I'm 50 now. I won't argue that the Dodgers are one of the most popular teams on the planet, but being popular doesn't make you a dynasty. 

I think back to 2001. After 9-11 everyone was a New Yorker, and there they were, the mighty Yankees in the WS with all the world pulling for them to give them the story book ending. Love them or hate them everyone knows who the the Yankees are, and who were they facing,? Some team from Phoenix, the Diamondbacks, who even watches baseball in the desert? And named after a rattlesnake? Geez, you gotta really hate the Yankees to root against them after 9-11 made us all New Yorkers, but what happened? Diamondbacks won in 7 games. So much for what everyone else wants, the games are won or lost on the field. 

I don't know too much about the Rays, I know that they were good last year with no quarantine as an excuse, and they still had some of the poorest attendance numbers in all of baseball, but oh well, they might still be WS champs whether anyone notices or not.

I'm rooting for Tampa Bay this year.

the Tampa Bay Rays, they are a franchise that has never won it all before, i feel obligated to root against the Dodgers because i have a soft spot for the Angels.

Why do you Americans insist on calling it the World Series when only American teams take part?

The Dodgers fired Don Mattingly for losing in the playoffs.

Gee, you wouldn't be a Dodger fan, are you??  The Dodger Dynasty?  Is that what you call winning a World Series once every 32 years, a Dynasty??  You are talking about the same Dodger club that squeaked by the Atlanta Braves??  When the Dodgers were down 3 games to 1 Dodger fans were calling for Roberts termination, now here you are calling for a 20 year contract!  It ain't over until the Fat Lasorda sings.  Let's all pray the Rays beat the wholly hell out of the Dodgers "Dynasty" team.

• hamel5

The Dodgers haven't won since 1988, so I think that the "Dynasty" is a little rusty.  

I like an underdog and the Rays are certainly that.  Can you name one player on that team?  

But, I was a Dodgers fan when I was a kid and a Red Sox guy now.  I love Mookie, so it'd be good to see his team win again.  Also,  I met Dave Roberts and he seemed like a good guy.