Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 4 months ago

What is a famous Landmark in your State?

What state do you live in? The reason I ask is, that we want to see unique buildings in each state we cross...to get to New York.

We are driving cross-country early next year.

Thank you all for your suggestions. However, Grandfather Mountain is someplace I would like to stop at. I saw a bridge that I would like to walk down. Nice scenery. 

• Audrey
    Favorite Answer

North Carolina. Grandfather Mountain. Don't miss it!

• Greg

Not sure if it's "famous," but there's the Perry Monument on South Bass Island off the coast of Ohio. An honorable mention would be the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Rocky Mountain National Park - Colorado.

• Koo

Hadrian's Wall.   

};¤)

• Kieth

The site of the Lincoln Douglas debate.

• yay

Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (George Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Appomattox Court House, Colonial Williamsburg, and the Jamestown Settlement. There are also some noteworthy antebellum plantation houses still standing. I live in Virginia, by the way. 

NC

BILTMORE CASTLE

AND CLINGMAN'S DOME

GOOGLE FOR MORE INFO AND ENJOY the trip.

Off the top of my head, probably the Biltmore Estate, or Chimney Rock... N.C

The Christ the Redeemer Statue and Sugarloaf Mountain. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Besides a stadium, the buildings aren't the main focus where I am. Garden of the Gods, Red Rocks, and Mesa Verde are landmarks in Colorado.