Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 month ago

What happened to portable videogame consoles?

I mean, the Switch is fairly portable...

And I'm still playing a DSi myself, so.... elaborate on your question, I guess? Are you asking why they don't keep making portable game systems?? I guess the market isn't there my friend. Companies generally go in the direction they think the money is...

Source(s): Me: a 28 yr old gamer
  • garry

its been replaced by xbox and play stations .

Replaced by the portability of the cell phone.

Maybe stepping on some other answers. So sorry. But they are all correct. Mobile gaming dominates the handheld/portable market. 

Sony issued a statement some years ago. About how they have no plans with going through with a Vita 2/Psp 3, because of the mobile market.

Mircosoft wants to a portable last I heard, but they want to wait for the correct time. And mobile gaming where it is as the top contender. Don't make it the correct time.

• It’s because smart phones can play mobile games so dose that answer your question and Nintendo made the switch and switch lite Sony dust stoped string to make a handheld and the 3ds are all just sitting there

• They still exist to some extent.  Nintendo makes the 3DS and the Switch.

• opurt

Smartphones killed them for the most part, aside from what Nintendo makes and Chinese-made emulation boxes that use downloaded ROMs.

Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite...

The Nintendo Switch would like to know your location.

Nintendo made the Switch and Switch Lite.

Sony stopped trying.