Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 month ago

What happened to portable videogame consoles?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

I mean, the Switch is fairly portable...

And I'm still playing a DSi myself, so.... elaborate on your question, I guess? Are you asking why they don't keep making portable game systems?? I guess the market isn't there my friend. Companies generally go in the direction they think the money is...

Source(s): Me: a 28 yr old gamer
  • garry
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

its been replaced by xbox and play stations .

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Replaced by the portability of the cell phone.

• 1 month ago

Maybe stepping on some other answers. So sorry. But they are all correct. Mobile gaming dominates the handheld/portable market. 

Sony issued a statement some years ago. About how they have no plans with going through with a Vita 2/Psp 3, because of the mobile market.

Mircosoft wants to a portable last I heard, but they want to wait for the correct time. And mobile gaming where it is as the top contender. Don't make it the correct time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • It’s because smart phones can play mobile games so dose that answer your question and Nintendo made the switch and switch lite Sony dust stoped string to make a handheld and the 3ds are all just sitting there

• They still exist to some extent.  Nintendo makes the 3DS and the Switch.

• opurt
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Smartphones killed them for the most part, aside from what Nintendo makes and Chinese-made emulation boxes that use downloaded ROMs.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite...

• 1 month ago

The Nintendo Switch would like to know your location.

• 1 month ago

Nintendo made the Switch and Switch Lite.

Sony stopped trying.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.