Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

What do you think of this girl name?

Gypsy Rose? I think it’s beautiful or do you like Scarlett Rose more?

Favorite Answer

I think they're both pretty but I prefer Scarlett. 

"Say has anybody seen my sweet Gyspy Rose...bells on her fingers and rings on her toes"  Sorry, it just reminded me of the song.  Gyspy sounds more like a family pet's name.  Scarlett Rose is better.

You DO know Gypsy Rose Lee was a famous stripper, right?  Gypsy is a cute nickname.  I don't think i's appropriate as a given name and it sure as heck shouldn't be paired with Rose.  I love the name Scarlett.  I dislike Rose being used at all.  It' s over used and boring.

• Sandy

Gypsy Rose Lee was the famous burlesque stripper of the 50's. And wasn't Scarlett Rose, Snow White's sister? I think the "Rose" is the problem. LOSE IT!!

Scarlett Rose is much, much better.

Gypsy Rose just shows the ignorance of the parents.  “Gypsy” is a racial slur and a pejorative for the Romani people.  And Gypsy Rose Lee was a famous stripper.  Neither connotation would be something an informed parent would want for their child.

• Will

Gypsy Rose sounds like a street name for a hooker.