New Application?

Tenants are not US citizens. Mexicans Citizens, but have a S.S. Card & drivers license. He is 25 and makes over a million dollars in 8 months my management company says. Would you rent to them?

Last application management co. took the tenant has a recent criminal charge & I ran the application myself since she said it was a good one. Come to find out he falsified his application & where he lived.

My management co is not the issue here. The new to be tenants are.

Been in this for almost 10 years now  seems to me Management would ask for income verification & references & tax return. Took over for my mother. Not sure you can Evict if the are not US Citizens.

My mother has passed away forgot to add.

• Maxi
    Favorite Answer

No................................

just sell already.....seriously?  only a mentally incompetent person would think lack of citizenship has anything to do with this.

you have demonstrated a severe inability to manage your properties.

if falsifying an application is grounds for an eviction, you can file for eviction.

you previously said you've been in if for 50 years...and profile says 20 years.

now you are pretending the real JJ died and you are her daughter?

maybe you really are just a 13 year old playing pretend....

Sell your property all ready you senile old fart.  If you are coming to YA to screen your tenants you have no business continuing to be a landlord!!! 

He could be a drug dealer why would he rent if he makes that much money?

Is the $125000 revenue or profit?

Why would they rent a falling down apartment with a bad paint job.

Please don't say that the paint job has been repaired?  It's easy to do a bad paint job.  Easy to paint over a decent paint job.  It takes time to fix a bad paint job and I don't think you would even bother to notice. 

Earn a million in 8 months? Maybe a drug dealer. Suspicious. And why would someone who legitimately earned a million bucks rent an apartment from you? Have you been able to VERIFY income? Recent criminal charge? That's a no-no. And have you verified identity as identity theft & identity fraud is a major issue.

You claim to have over 20 years experience in the rental sector, but are constantly asking for advice on a forum like YA.  Really??

• R P

If the prospective tenant makes that much money, why is he renting? It seems to me that he should be buying a place.  Mexican citizens can own property in the USA. 

I would be very leery of that person & would insist on a full criminal background check, national eviction report, & credit report on every person over 18 who will be living in the house.. Then, go over all of the reports yourself with a "fine tooth comb." If you accept. Insist that all adults actually sign the lease.

If you've run checks on the prospective tenants and they pass, then what's the issue?

Whether or not your management company are competent is entirely separate; if you don't trust them to vet your tenants, look elsewhere.