Got a title loan, didn’t make payments.... can I still pay? ?

I took out an auto title loan August last year to get caught up on my rent...$1100.  I lost my job a week after I got the loan. I was irresponsible and didn’t communicate with the lender as to what was going on because I figured they would just tow the car if they knew I no longer had a job. They of course sent out a tow truck once the payment was missed and called me and my references... but they haven’t called anymore in 8 months, haven’t sent any letters.... I’ve heard nothing from them. I am able to pay the loan off now but I’m wondering if I would pay them or need to pay a collection agency now. I have no idea....would I be able to get the title back? Would they still tow the car if I pay? Yea I know I made a mess. 

And yes I did put the car to where they couldn’t tow it

Assuming you aren't trolling, I would highly suggest trying to get ahold of them.

It's possible that the title loan place went under due to Covid, because in most cases you would've already been served with a summons (and/or they would've absolutely found and taken the car - regardless of what steps you took to try to prevent this).

Use the money for a down payment. The car is gone, like your credit.

• Phil M

Why not contact them? They can most certainly answer all your questions. They will most likely be more understanding than you think. You better do something fast before they file criminal charges against you.

Yes, you surely CAN and SHOULD pay, but they likely have added some expenses, which you may be able to debate.  Go to them in person.  Don't bring the car, lol.

I'm sure they would be thrilled to accept your money - contact them and find out how much is owed and then pay it off.  (I wouldn't drive the car there... just to be on the safe side... lol).

• Judith

As long as you are in arrears the car can be repossessed.  

"Paying off the loan" will PROBABLY involve fees and charges and special interest rates.

You'll get the title when you pay off the loan.

This is a CONTRACT matter.  Read what you signed when you got the loan.

• May

They don't want your car.  (They never did want it)  They want their money.  They wanted it last year and they want it now. 

Your other questions should be asked of the loan company, not of us here on Y/A.

The one thing that I do know for sure is that your credit is ruined.

They are no longer pursuing it. You won. SMH

99% sure you can walk in and pay. They will take your money.

I will say this, they are still looking for the car. Whether you see them or hear from them or not. The car most likely isn’t worth a lot of money. It will probably cost them more to take it to court than the car is actually worth. And they know you don’t have the money to pay the fees. This isn’t like a regular loan, the car is collateral. It is LEGALLY THEIR CAR since you have defaulted. They send it to your credit, but that doesn’t mean they arent still going to repossess it. Call the loan company and find out how much you owe. I’m sure you owe A LOT in fees it’s been over a year. Good luck and stay away from loans until you are much more responsible. Once you pay, you will get the title back. They aren’t going to take the car once the debt is settled 

We don't know and would only be guessing because not all loan companies have the same rules and the laws regulating such things are not the same everywhere,. Instead of being a clueless airhead READ YOUR CONTRACT  or CALL THE TITLE LOAN COMPANY YOU USED AND ASK THEM..