Has anyone on here went to St. Louis Community college and then transferred to Florida State University or University of Central Florida?

I’m wondering this because after I graduate high school I have to move to St. Louis. Was wondering if it would be possible to transfer? 

4 Answers

  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

    You can transfer into any university from a community college. 

    You can transfer from your CC to a Florida state university. 

    You may find they don’t accept all credit and classes. You should be in contact with the universities you will want to apply to now. Talk to them about transferring and classes to take that will transfer over.

    You will be paying out of state tuition 

  • 1 month ago

    Assuming you are a Florida resident who moves to St.Louis after you graduate high school in Florida, then 

    1. You will no longer be eligible for in-state tuition in Florida, and

    2. You won't qualify for in-state tuition at a St. Louis community college, unless you wait at least a year before you start classes.

    3.  Some of your credits taken at a college in St. Louis may not transfer to a Florida university.

    Why do you "have to" move to St. Louis?

    Even if your parents move to St. Louis, you might still qualify for in-state tuition in Florida if you stay there. Talk to the financial aid office about whether you meet the requirements. If you don't think you'll be accepted into FSU or UCF right out of high school, several community colleges in Florida have dormitories. 

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Most of the education units you earn at any community college in the country should be transferable to any state college in the country. You apply as a transfer student, the four-year college reviews your transcripts, and will tell you what units are acceptable for transfer.  HOWEVER: you have a bigger problem: if you are living in St. Louis, you are not a resident of Florida.  Non-resident tuition fees for non-resident students at a state four-year college can be two or three times higher than they are for state residents. You would not qualify for in-state resident tuition rates in Florida.The cost is usually prohibitive for out-of-state residents.

  • Squid
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    It is possible to transfer from any community college in the country to any university in the country.

    The only thing you need to check is what courses are required for your eventual degree from FSU or UCF.  Don't bother to take any courses that won't apply towards your 4 yr degree, or you're just wasting tuition.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.