How much should propane cost per gallon in 2020?

I live in Palm Harbor Florida and use propane to heat our pool and for cooking. We have propane delivered to our house and they charge us $5.39 a gallon. This seems very high

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It should cost about as much as gasoline. I think in the liquid form it has about the same BTUs, and it is priced on BTUs, not volume. There is a huge propane plant about 30 miles from us, and I think we pay about $2.50/gallon, which could be lower. It costs money to roll a truck, the dealer has overheads, etc. Cheaper than electricity.

• 1 month ago

Propane is sold by WEIGHT, not volume.

• 1 month ago

what is the competition offering?  the price in Biloxi, Mississippi won't do you any good

• 1 month ago

You can go to the link below an check current propane prices. Remember there should be more than one dealer in your area so check around.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Edwena
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It should cost about as much as gasoline.  I think in the liquid form it has about the same BTUs, and it is priced on BTUs, not volume.   There is a huge propane plant about 30 miles from us, and I think we pay about $2.50/gallon, which could be lower.   It costs money to roll a truck, the dealer has overheads, etc. Cheaper than electricity.

• 1 month ago

Yes propane is about $3 max gallon I would say that you're paying far too much

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.