How much should propane cost per gallon in 2020?

I live in Palm Harbor Florida and use propane to heat our pool and for cooking. We have propane delivered to our house and they charge us $5.39 a gallon. This seems very high

It should cost about as much as gasoline. I think in the liquid form it has about the same BTUs, and it is priced on BTUs, not volume. There is a huge propane plant about 30 miles from us, and I think we pay about $2.50/gallon, which could be lower. It costs money to roll a truck, the dealer has overheads, etc. Cheaper than electricity.

Propane is sold by WEIGHT, not volume.

what is the competition offering?  the price in Biloxi, Mississippi won't do you any good

You can go to the link below an check current propane prices. Remember there should be more than one dealer in your area so check around.

• Edwena

It should cost about as much as gasoline.  I think in the liquid form it has about the same BTUs, and it is priced on BTUs, not volume.   There is a huge propane plant about 30 miles from us, and I think we pay about $2.50/gallon, which could be lower.   It costs money to roll a truck, the dealer has overheads, etc. Cheaper than electricity.

Yes propane is about $3 max gallon I would say that you're paying far too much