Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Hello, I plan to marry my bf in Dubai and bring him to the US. I am a US Citizen. While the I-130 processes, how can he visit here ?

I understand that the I-130 processing can take time. What are our options at this point? Can he visit me in the USA?

5 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    What is your boyfriend's nationality?  (what passport does he have)

  • 1 month ago

    don't marry somebody you have to bring to u.s. 

    he's gonna feed all the "i love you" in your ear just to get here and once he get what he need to stay he won't know you anymore 

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    No, his intent is to migrate, so he will not be visiting at all as he will be denied a visa

  • 1 month ago

    No, while an application is pending for his immigration, that proves his "immigrant intent," intent to remain. So he does not fulfill requirements for any temporary visa. You'll have to go visit him. 

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    Anybody who applies for a visitor's visa, the B2, will have to overcome the assumption that he or she might want to overstay their welcome. Since filing an I-130 indicates immigration intent, your boyfriend needs to get his B2 visa before you file the I-130. The moment he mentions that he has a girlfriend or fiance in the US, he'll be denied such visa. Thus, he'll have to play the game at the consulate's rules, pretending he just wants the vacation of his lifetime, and he needs strong ties to the UAE to pull this off.

    Source(s): I’m an immigrant from Europe, a retired US attorney, and live in Santa Barbara, California.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.