Panasonic remote sensor?

Hi,On my roughly 10-year-old Panasonic stereo AK 320, the remote no longer works. Actually I believe it’s the sensor on the unit because I viewed the remote with a camera and it is giving off infrared light. Any other fixes I can try before bringing the unit in?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • bill
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It'll never be worth the repair cost to fix a remote so maybe buy a universal remote and try to get it to work and you can always return it to the store if it doesn't and it turns out to be the player itself.

• 1 month ago

The fact that the remote is transmitting 

does not automatically mean that it is transmitting the correct signals. 

However, it is more likely that the problem is in the stereo. 

Take it and the remote to an audio repair shop for examination.    

• khalil
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

near an AM radio, push one of its buttons....tune the radio ...... if you hear BEEP BEEP sound it is ok .... maybe its receiving sensor is bad ...

if no sound maybe its crystal is bad....

look at the picture ....

https://www.yoycart.com/Product/561085806288/

• 1 month ago

Clean both the sensor window and remote window with windex and make sure you use good alkaline batteries in the remote.  Also, any bright light shining on the sensor will degrade its performance.

If the unit is bad, it will likely cost the same or more for a repair than a new mini system.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Damien
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

well take a radio and turn it on to the AM band. press your remote button close to the radio, if you hear beeping sounds on the radio, its means the remote is fine, then take the radio close to the unit infrared, you should hear a buzzing sound or something similar, if there is absolutely no disturbance to the am radio by bringing it close to the unit's infrared, that means its iikely the receiving infrared that's gone bad, that thing costs a buck, easy to replace as long as u don't mix the positive and negative side.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.