Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Please help. Im going through a rough time. How do I survive this break up?

My bf and I broke up yesterday. We mutually decided that because there was no future as we belong to different religion and I want him to convert. We love each other a lot. And Im missing him badly. I am checking my whatsapp constantly but no message from him. We used to video call daily and used to sleep together with camera on. We used to meet on weekends. It's so difficult for me not to miss him. He wanted me to accept him the way he was. But Im religious I can't marry someone outside my religion.. I just met him for the last time this friday and we had so many memorable moments. I can't take him off my mind. I remember doing groceries with him, cooking together. Everything reminds me of him. I work full time and study full time. I can't concentrate either on my work or studies.. Im getting anxiety. At one point I thought he would convert, cz he said if his soul will allow him, he will. I understand conversion is not easy, but what should I do now. I miss him a lot. He is on my mind 24/7. Please help getting past through this phase. Please. Im shattered.

when you have a partner, you are forging a partnership with him.both parties need to respect each other likes and dislikes. I would never convert to another religion neither would I make someone convert to mine.

I don't understand why religion is so critical that it can even stop couples from being together. 

if you cant accept the way he is, best for both to let him go.

it will take time to get over him since it only happened recently but time will heal.

• car253

You are a very controlling person that you want to FORCE him into your religion.     You need to STOP that controlling behavior.       Lucky for him that you broke up.   He would suffer greatly in a relationship with you.

Healing takes time. You're certainly allowed (and encouraged) to remember all the good times you had together, but while you keep that in your heart, you need to remember that you, as a person, are made up of experiences. Not all of them are good, granted, but that's what makes a person. You can't learn to ride a bike without falling off a few times.

Does he love and Know God If he does great you can work from that no one has too be all Holy for love to work fearing God and Knowing him is enough. I am a man who knows Jesus Christ, but I'm no saint fully I can accept a woman you know the Lord on high and fear him enough you don't have to convert bad reason too break up  

Sounds to me like your imaginary sky fairy is getting in the way of your non imaginary real life.

Ditch the fiction and apologize for trying to convert him and ask him to take you back.

If you can’t then stop blubbering about it and go find someone who believes in the same nonsense as you so you don’t try to change him next time and waste his time with your hang ups. At some point you should also send him an apology letter for trying to convert him but that would just me meaningless but it would show you have grown up.

Not sure what faith you are but I'm hoping my perspective will help. I'm Christian and actually while I still identify as such, I don't take religion seriously after leaving this guy I dated who was a pastor. He wanted me to cuckhold him, and that was one thing, but he broke up with me by hanging up the phone on me and blocking me, knowing I am a lonley depressed woman, all while he continues being friends with his white suburban church people who have such a good life, he had some need to gut punch me instead of being a good Christian man and at least saying he wanted to part ways. I am less churchy then I used to be and I see more of Christ in myself then I did in him. I think you should get back together with him and considering having a two faith relationship. So many women would die to have a man who has the emotional connections he had with you. Think about it this way: what if you meet someone who is the same faith as you from the get-go, and a few months in you realize he is an abuser, then you would wish that you stayed with this other guy, and I think God would have wanted  you to as well. I hope this helps, be well and best of luck to you.

• drip

You broke up less than 24 hours ago. You are grieving,  You do realize this is going to take time.  You need to change up your schedule and routine.  It use to revolve around your relationship. Shop at a different grocery store,  Allowing yourself time to reflect on it each day. Maybe take a walk early in the morning. Then Leave it and move on with your day. Get busy.

Take yoga.  It is very good for your mental and physical health. Dive into your school work.  Stay on campus or at a library if possible to study.  You will find yourself needing less and less time to grieve and think of him. 

STOP check social media for him.  That is not being productive or helping your anxiety.

Set new goals for yourself. A short vacation next year. 

And when you do start dating again, only date those of your religion.  

You reached the deal-breaker in the relationship, and there isn't anything you can do about it now. You broke up--and the only way you'll get over it is to find a different way of thinking about it. "

Right now you're grieving. LET yourself grieve this great relationship. Admit you were unable to get past the issue that broke you up in the first place. And just let the rest GO. You cannot change anything now. 

Your grief will abate eventually. Your feelings will change over time. You have to believe that--because  change is really the only thing you can actually count on in life. So don't try dwelling on the past here--find something to distract you, and concentrate on that instead. You'll find the pain easing some day. 

Look for something else--but not yet. You don't have to move on QUICKLY or immediately--but eventually you WILL have to  move on. 

Find someone else to bang asap

Maybe you should pray to whatever invisible sky daddy your religion teaches...