Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

My daughter in law has banned me from seeing my granddaughter because she says I interfere ?

What would you do?

• Aaron

why do your daughter in law do this ? 

• garry

How about stop interfering ..

• Buzz

I would just do things on their terms. 

This is a good question for family and relationships. Move it for improved answers. 

Stop interfering.

What's your KNOWLEDGE seeking question about a relevant current event? 

Apologise and bite your tongue in future.

• y

Apologize for interfering, sit down and chat to fnd out specifically where I am crossing the line, work out some sort of plan to try to change my behaviors.

It's her child, she has the right to raise them as she see's fit, regardless of what we believe, thinks is better, whatever.

you shouldn't meddle in their affairs, and this question is in the wrong category.

• Tavy

Apologise and state you will not do it anymore.

Grandmas, and I am one, have to keep our mouths closed.

I could see if you had done something malicious to her but you didn't, you just care, so I don't think she should stop you from seeing your grand-daughter and I'm very sorry that happened to you. I think all she has to do is talk to you in a nice way about what she feels you're doing that's interfering and you could work on stopping that behavior whatever it is and you should all be able to see one another: you, your grand-daughter, and your daughter. I'm sure you need them and they need you as well. I don't have any kids, but I'm blind and my parents are unavailable, but my aunt and uncle look after me. Most of the time they're fine and we have a great relationship, but a lot of times they're way overprotective of me and worry about me too much. They also like to talk negatively about people and tell me everyone's faults. I understand they care and just want what is best for me and they think telling me the truth about people is the right thing, but all I do is tell them how I feel so they can work on breaking their habits, but I would never actually stop seeing them since they haven't done anything malicious to me. And I'm also going to therapy to help with those issues.