Sara asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Can let my two years old daughter travel with hostess??

    My daughter is in overseas with her father but her father can’t travel so I’m going to get her a flight attendant to care for her while flying . Is that possible to do that . 

12 Answers

  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    No.  Far too young to qualify for the Unaccompanied Minor service.  

  • 1 month ago

    No, that's too young to fly as an unaccompanied minor that a flight attendant cares for.

  • 1 month ago

    I don't think you understand. Even if your child were old enough to fly as an Unaccompanied Minor, the flight attendants don't sit with them and look after them all the time. The most they can do is welcome the child on board, get them seated, and drop by from time to time to see they're OK, then at the end of the journey, hand them over to ground staff who will take them through Immigration and Customs before handing them on to the authorised fully documented adult who's waiting for them.

    But your child is far too young for even this level of care.

  • 1 month ago

    If you hire them as a personal escort. Hint a salary for their time and their return Airfare. An Airline employee would probably not give away their flight benefits to you. Their time includes waiting for a return flight to their home and the time to return HOME.

    Most sane people would not take on the responsibility of someone else's child.

    Is it legal? YES

    Will it be easy to do? NO

    Will this raise red flags at departure and arrival Border Control? ABSOLUTELY.

    Curious how did plan to check out the suitability of this person. A trained Nanny, speaks the language of your child etc.

    It is possible to do but is just not a very good idea fraught with many pitfalls.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    As the others have mentioned, the girl is too young. Minimum age amongst  most major airlines is no younger than 5 years of age.

    The links below show a consensus..

    Source(s): Work part-time at an airport.
  • 1 month ago

    Too young.  You will have to hire a care giver and pay for their round trip flight.  

    You should get your daughter yourself. 

  • 1 month ago

    Every airline has its own rules about unaccompanied minors.  But it is unlikely that they would allow a two year old to fly - especially overseas - with a someone to accompany them.  

  • 1 month ago

    You'd need to speak to airlines to see if their unaccompanied minors service covers children this young (although it's unlikely at this age).

    Otherwise you'll need to hire a nanny or carer to travel with the child (and to pay their return flight costs).

    It might be easier for you to go and collect your child yourself. 

  • 1 month ago

    I don't know if FA's do that but I know some strippers who will dress up as a flight attendant for you

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Not likely, especially on international flights.  The minimum age for unaccompanied minors is usually around 5.  You would have to hire nanny service to accompany the child.  Case in point, when I was adopted, my parents opted to hire a nanny service rather than pay for 2 tickets.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.