Do we really have a candidate who thinks the moon is "part of Mars" ... really?

Oh, I thought it was Biden who doesn't know what he's saying because he's senile.

You assume I'm voting? Is that a safe assumption with so many "bad actors" on the internet (and in office)? Should we accept so much misinformation flowing from the POTUS? It's bad to discuss politics here, but 35 people seem to want to discuss God and Einstein. Fascinating. I have to "award" favorite answer to the person who knows just enough "theory" to offer evidence that mars and the moon are pretty much the same. Tsk

Favorite Answer

I haven't heard anyone say that but I am aware of a theory that Mars and our satellite shared an origin in the outer layers of this planet.  After all, looking at the five largest bodies in the inner solar system, three of them are around five times the density of water and two, Mars and our moon, about three times the density of water, so I wouldn't call it entirely unwarranted.

• david

Not only that, but that idiot's in the white house with his finger on the button, waiting for a hurricane. 

• Tom

Better than someone who thinks Communism is a good idea

Eh... don't politicize Astronomy & Space, please... 

Just vote for whom you wish, and I don't need to know who it is...

• User

Please link a video...

OK, never mind. I found the reference.

Clearly

in context

Trump was talking about NASA's plans for exploration

which include both the Moon and Mars.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/...

If you read that article

it's clear

that

- of which the Moon is a part

was meant to describe

- the much bigger things we are doing.

So: yeah, Trump doesn't think before speaking (or "Tweeting"), which results in silly English structural errors such as that one.

Yeah! We should get rid of the best president we've had in decades and hand the whole thing over to a corrupt senile socialist. B/c he's dumb when it comes to astronomy. Yeah. Good idea. I totally think that waging more wars to enrich the M.I. complex and to steal oil from theocratic cavemen is a good idea. Let's throw away more American lives b/c the president said something dumb about Mars. (sigh...)