Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Why does the UK not go into another lockdown for just a month with the furlough scheme extended till christmas?

28 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Because the virus will still be there at the end of it.  Places that are managing to maintain social distancing etc should not be penalised for rises in infection rates elsewhere in the country. There is nothing confusing about the rules: wash your hands properly, keep apart and wear a face covering where you can't. Britain needs to get back to work and start earning money to pay for all of this where it can and realise that the holidays are over.

• 1 month ago

Well, after the banks had ruin the country's economy, it was OK to take massive loans to bail them out. But a bail-out, to keep the population viable,when a serous disease threatens the population's well-being, that's when the hypocrites cry wolf.

The Tory'z handling of the pandemic has been a total balls-up. A balls-up that's due to Tory lies and misinformation-politics and their non-existent scientific approach to the pandemic and their inability to take lessons from the successes of others, a'la Germany and Scandinavian.

But some good has come from their incompetents, we can now show the rest of the world how not to go about combating a pandemic.

The problem with the C-19 virus is that it's now infecting younger people and that  scientific research has found that C-19 can give serious side effects later in life. Of course 70% of the population will have difficulty in getting the brains a round that fact.

Going into a lock-down that will affectively work, will need good management and a population willing to comply with the scientific disciplines needed to combat C-19. But unfortunately, the Toriez are only interested in politics and the purses of the wealth. So don't expect any serious solution to the pandemic.

• 1 month ago

Our Government aren't that generous, though I do wonder what happened to all the money they saved by putting us through 10 years of Austerity.  Plus that famous £350 million that UKIP promised to spend on the NHS when we came out of the EU!

Our Government should firstly close our borders, no one leaves or comes in, except for essential travel.  Those people returning, must self isolate for 2 weeks on return.  Perhaps wearing of face masks in the vicinity of shops and cafes should be put in place everywhere.

It's been proved that alcohol consumption affects the ability to follow safety guidelines, so perhaps Pub Landlords need to employ volunteers who ensure the drunks don't go to close to each other.  Local Councils need to send out Food Safety Teams to all Cafe's,  Pubs etc to ensure they are placing tables 1 meter plus away from each other.  I've been in several eateries that have broken the rules and the staff wearing masks over their mouths, with their noses free to spread germs!

• Buzz
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Sounds sensible to me. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It's time to close unneeded pubs and make them into flats for the homeless

• Stilty
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

People won't listen and will just break the rules, already happening, some of us don't like totalitarian Boris who thinks the gov have the right to lock you in your house. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because it would destroy the economy and ruin people's lives to say nothing of their health.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It can't afford it. Closing businesses, shutting schools, cancelling operations and routine healthcare is highly damaging to the nation, more so than the virus. There is a limit to how far people will go along with lockdowns, and the public mood is against further restriction. The health service is getting better at treatment regimes, but people need to realise the pandemic is not over and modify their behavior accordingly.

• There's no point locking up healthy people, just let them carry on as is and protect the vulnerable, a vaccine is unlikely so we'll just be doing this for years, yes people will die but constant lockdowns will also lead to deaths when economies are shredded   

• Because money makes the world go around and if everything stops again you won't have a roof over your head or food in your belly. 

The best way is the three tier system which punishes the morons who break the rules with stricter lockdown rules such as up north. 

Why should I suffer down south when our area's on medium risk alert? 

Those that have flaunted the rules must pay the price.

• 1 month ago

It kind of is going into a semi lockdown for longer than a month but the rules are very confusing and only apply to parts of the country, Boris even admitted the rules are confusing but won't drop his nonsense. I never thought I'd say this but for once I agree with what Richard Madeley had to say on the matter. Lockdown works temporarily but not for long enough to bother with putting people out of business.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.