Can fireworks be set off using a dynamite plunger?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 days ago

Yes, of course, they can. You can make your own plunger if it is just for visual effect but even just a length of wire will do. Take your rocket or another firework. Get some very fine hair-like copper wire from an old speaker or something. Wrap it around the blue touch paper several times like a coil. Now wrap the two ends around two lengths of wire. If you then touch a battery with those wires, the coil around the touch paper will immediately glow, lighting the paper and will snap. The rocket or other will then light. For effect, you can easily make. If you have an actual dynamite plunger, just attach the wires to it. Turn the charging lever a few times and press the plunger. Just like with a battery, the coil you wrapped around the touchpaper will turn instantly white-hot and the firework will light.

• 5 days ago

No fireworks need  a Naked flame not electricity

a Plunger is used for ELECTRIC detonators

Source(s): EOD Trained
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I’m sure it could be rigged that way. I flush my toilet with a dynamite plunger. 

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Personally I just take a swig of everclear and spit it into a torch in front of the fire works. Hasn't failed me yet

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Do the fireworks make loud noises?

• 1 month ago

The big firework shows use an electronic device, which is rather like a dynamite plunger

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.