I'm a guy and I shave my armpits. Should I stop?

I'm a guy and used to have armpit hair, but one day, I decided to just to try shaving it. It was meant to by a one time thing just to try, but ever since I started, I can't stop. The reason is, I feel a lot cleaner when there's no hair there. When I used to have armpit hair, sweat would retain there and it would feel icky. Even keeping it trimmed still didn't help. But now that I shave, it feels clean and finally, since there's no hair, the sweat dries up and doesn't cause any body odor. I really wish I can keep it shaved but you know how society is... women are supposed to shave and men are supposed to have hair.

So should I stop shaving and grow back my underarm hair?

Its fine if men shave when you have a lot of hair. I'm always happy with everything 😊☺ .

Not all men have underarm hair, so forget stereotypes

It is up to you if you want to be bothered shaving it constantly.

There's nothing that says you cannot shave your underarms if that's your preference, regardless of societal norms. Women in France have traditionally NOT shaved - that's their societal norm. 

This is the irony of the internet. You could be a ~60 y/o woman trolling.

It makes good sense from a hygiene point of view to remove excess hair from various places and in the army they have a set number of days after which you have to shave as the masks are not suited if involved in a bio attack, I believe. So if there is a war against germs and bacteria then doing the sensible thing is always a good idea.

I am not supposed to trim or shave my beard but I suffer from pretty bad eczema so I trim every few days to reduce the bio count. C'est la vie.

• Kyle

maybe just try trimming the hair so it's not all over the place.  i wouldn't personally broadcast it or keep your arms up all the time if you're swimming or something.  and if someone does point it out, just say you like it better.  

i think in 2020, it's not uncommon for guys to maintain if not shave the area.  do what you're comfortable and confident with.  that's all that matters in the end.  

I've shaved my armpits for decades for the same reason as you. But these days I use Nair or Veet. Its softer, lasts longer and doesn't grow back bristly

Its not girly. Some women don't like hairy pits some do. 

Like men, some like a hairy fadge some like it smooth.

Do what you think it's right for you. if you feel happy to shave or let it grow then do it. It's your body

• ?

why stop as it's your body hair to do with as you wish

Honestly, it doesn't really matter, do what you like.

Don't stop shaving your armpit. The smell, dirt, germs, and sweat stick to the hair.