I'm a guy and I shave my armpits. Should I stop?

I'm a guy and used to have armpit hair, but one day, I decided to just to try shaving it. It was meant to by a one time thing just to try, but ever since I started, I can't stop. The reason is, I feel a lot cleaner when there's no hair there. When I used to have armpit hair, sweat would retain there and it would feel icky. Even keeping it trimmed still didn't help. But now that I shave, it feels clean and finally, since there's no hair, the sweat dries up and doesn't cause any body odor. I really wish I can keep it shaved but you know how society is... women are supposed to shave and men are supposed to have hair.

So should I stop shaving and grow back my underarm hair?

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Its fine if men shave when you have a lot of hair. I'm always happy with everything 😊☺ .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not all men have underarm hair, so forget stereotypes

It is up to you if you want to be bothered shaving it constantly.

• 1 month ago

There's nothing that says you cannot shave your underarms if that's your preference, regardless of societal norms. Women in France have traditionally NOT shaved - that's their societal norm. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

This is the irony of the internet. You could be a ~60 y/o woman trolling.

It makes good sense from a hygiene point of view to remove excess hair from various places and in the army they have a set number of days after which you have to shave as the masks are not suited if involved in a bio attack, I believe. So if there is a war against germs and bacteria then doing the sensible thing is always a good idea.

I am not supposed to trim or shave my beard but I suffer from pretty bad eczema so I trim every few days to reduce the bio count. C'est la vie.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kyle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

maybe just try trimming the hair so it's not all over the place.  i wouldn't personally broadcast it or keep your arms up all the time if you're swimming or something.  and if someone does point it out, just say you like it better.  

i think in 2020, it's not uncommon for guys to maintain if not shave the area.  do what you're comfortable and confident with.  that's all that matters in the end.  

• 1 month ago

I've shaved my armpits for decades for the same reason as you. But these days I use Nair or Veet. Its softer, lasts longer and doesn't grow back bristly

Its not girly. Some women don't like hairy pits some do. 

Like men, some like a hairy fadge some like it smooth.

• 1 month ago

Do what you think it's right for you. if you feel happy to shave or let it grow then do it. It's your body

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

why stop as it's your body hair to do with as you wish

• 1 month ago

Honestly, it doesn't really matter, do what you like.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Don't stop shaving your armpit. The smell, dirt, germs, and sweat stick to the hair.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.