Travel Size or Full Size for Month-Long Trip?

I hope to study abroad next summer and I'll be gone for 5 weeks, should I bring travel or full-size products? I've never been on vacation longer than a week, but I know some travel size products like toothpaste would always run out fairly quickly when I used them. I don't want to run out, but I also don't want to overpack.

Boat trips in the Volgograd https://bitly.com/3lVbzap

A pea size amount on your toothbrush is enough to brush your teeth with,   also you can probably get more stuff at local stores where you will be staying.   If I thought I may have a problem with some things,  I would be sure to take along a large size of deodorant,  Just to be safe.

My toothpaste lasts about 3 months for a tube of 125ml (full size). My shaving soap stick lasts about 8 months.

But be adventurous, travel light, and buy locally if you need to.  Where abroad will you be? Most big cities anywhere on Earth can sell you good quality stuff. In Europe even small towns have everything you need.

Note that some airlines do not allow aerosol cans, so take roll-on deodorant.

• JuanB

You just have to go item by item and think how much you may use it.  Toothpaste I bring travel size for a weekend trip, up to a week, and the smaller end of a full size for longer trips.  I always take full size deodorant. I go for small size medications, but I know a lot of women carry full size pain relief with them even day to day in their purse.

If you take travel sized things, you'll want at least two of each to last a month. Full size guarantees you won't run out.

Figure out how much you'd need / would use, and pack accordingly. 

eg if you wash your hair daily; travel shampoo probably won't be enough. If you wash it every 3-4 days, it might be sufficient. 

• hihi!

Buy such sundries "over there" and get away from Walmart. Experience France, Germany, England etc. as THAT country. Don't drag USA along with you. Likewise don't eat at ubiquitous McDonalds.

Travel size, unless you are going somewhere so remote, like camping in the arctic, that those products are not available for purchase. And keep in mind that most people use far more of things like toothpaste than they actually need to use.