My BF now says he thinks monogamy is unnatural. What can b the next step?

We have been together for four years. People have been telling him to marry me. I thought he would ask soon because two of his brothers have recently wed. Instead, he has popped out and said he thinks monogamy is unnatural.  Said he thinks life would be great if we had other connections with other people . Is this a common phase? I fear that he may start sneaking with someone else if I am not open to them. Just isnt what I wanted to hear

Tell him it is natural with you and you will not accept anything else, he can take a walk.

Personally, I would not accept someone who told me they could change, or that OK they'd try. But that is my choice, you need to decide what you want from a relationship.

Source(s): 58yo, unmarried but having a sequence of light relationships (not 1-night stands). Happy.

I disagree I think it completely natural for a man to only want one woman if he loves her.  Unfortunately most woman look at this a Jackpot time, they take advantage of the man, use him, loot him, she sees him for the fool that he is and opportunity has landed in her lap.  Love is blind and women always have their eyes open for a blind fool because thats her free ride.  So always fight this feeling if you think your in love get out their bang as many women as you can asap before you become another divorce rape victim.

• david

Time to cut him loose.

• Orla C

He's looking for an out. 

Honestly, hon, if he's saying things like this to you, he's not up for marriage right now. If you want him, your best bet is to break up with him, sooner rather than later - then don't wallow in sadness, but go off and enjoy your life without him. One of two things will happen - either you both will realise that you two are NOT meant for each other and be happier apart, or else he will realise that he cares for you and come back. (Of course, he could lie about it and PRETEND and turn you into a booty call, but I hope you'd be smart enough to know the difference. A booty call is all about sex, getting back with someone is sitting down and talking with them, catching up with them, engaging with the person again.) 

I think if you persist in trying to hold onto him now, you're setting yourself up for heartbreak. And you're thinking 'but I love him'? That's lovely, hon, but here is one VERY IMPORTANT thing for young women especially: it's lovely to love someone else very much, but it's way better to love yourself just that little bit more, so you don't stay in situations that are not good for you. And this kind of uncertainty is not a good situation to be in - so get out of it. 

It may in fact be time to move on as painful as that may be. Ephesians 5:31 For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and he will stick to his WIFE, and the two will be on flesh.

Next step: Break up

If you are okay with having a cheating spouse, by all means marry him

Tell him how polygamy is for animals with low intelligence (rabbits, dogs, etc) that are instinct driven, whilst those that are proven to be more intelligent are monogamous, such as birds, who can actually recognise personality in their peers. And base their partner choices on personality rather than sex.

Don’t let you current boyfriend try to straighten HIS head out on YOUR time. Move on.

Have a baby with him then let him have another with another attractive women for the kids and let you friends get him a job.