Is my co-worker on the autism spectrum, and if so, should I not be offended when he condescends me and speaks out of term?

He is constantly answering questions that were directed at me and not him. Please note the following examples:

1.  A female co-worker e-mailed he and I regarding a request for either of us to pick up a package at a specified location.  I “replied all” that I will take care it, and asked that she order a roundtrip cab and provide me with the client/matter #. She was unaware that our employer has an account with Uber, and therefore “replied all” asking if I can order a Lyft and be reimbursed. Before I could reply all, my supposed autistic co-worker replied all, “John, use Uber.” I (John) was obviously aware of this, since I’ve been with our employer for 8 1/2 years, and much longer than him. In addition, I’ve been ordering from Uber for every commute to work since the pandemic, as the boss doesn’t want us to risk taking mass transit. Also, I’ve been using Uber for 8 1/2 years (in the event that I worked long O.T.; company policy). But my co-worker made me look “slow” to the female co-worker.

2.  A co-worker in the hallway asked ME if such ‘n such’s office is “this way.” My autistic co-worker further down the hallway, overheard and hollered “yes.”

Every day, I just want to punch him in the face, because he keeps looking over my shoulder, so to speak. Is that autism?  Should I be patient w/him and NOT say anything to him about his condescending behavior? I feel like such a spineless jellyfish. Please no trolls, as I need some advice on this difficult co-worker. Thank you.

He’s in his mid-40s and is a father and grandfather.

• 5 days ago

you should forgive her and all her wrong doings including this many you are talking about...

Yes.  You need to quit this job right away.

• Erik

Are you sure YOU'RE not on the autism spectrum?  You're making a big deal over very minor things.

• Scott

Whether or not a co-worker is autistic is none of your business. Just deal with it.

• Judy

no reason to think he is

The never ending autism troll strikes again. Reported again.