Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Who believes that John Wayne was the greatest Actor ?

“The Horse Soldiers,” “Rooster Cogburn,” “The Undefeated,” “McQ.” These rank among his greatest. John Wayne is what America stands for. He was Mr. America. Fearless, Republican, Got-the-Job-Done. John was cut from the same mold as our greatest President Ronnie Reagan. The old ways and thoughts that these two learned in the Midwest during the Great Depression are what we need today.  

Update:

It’s true. Everything about The Duke was as American as Chevrolet, Apple Pie and Baseball. He was everything that’s great about America. 

Update 2:

@jimmy-It's from the old Chevrolet commercial. Baseball, Hot dogs, Apple pie, Chevrolet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqweygy9K9Y

Youtube thumbnail

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Ludwig
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

John Wayne thought this.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

LOL. Apple pie originated in England and baseballs origins go back to the English games of rounders and cricket, and no, John Wayne wasn't the greatest actor.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He was as good an actor as he was a war hero. He played one character in every film he ever made, and that was himself. When he died, all the newspapers called him a "great American war hero" without bothering to check. If they had, they would have found that he was only in the army for three months, and that was just to make a recruitment film. 

He was a nasty person as well, being a supporter of segregation and would never find fault with U.S.A saying "My country, right or wrong".

• 1 month ago

John Wayne was a very good actor, but even he would not say he was the best.  With Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, Humphrey Bogart, of the past to Jonny Deep, Leonardo Dicaprio for now and that is just the men.  I don't think you can pick the greatest, in acting.  one of the best is the best you can call it. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

--  He was amongst the better actors, but not the best.  Personally I did not like John Wayne as a person because of his political beliefs.

• 2 months ago

Absolutely not. IT would have to be someone like Marlon Brando. Guys and Dolls is a great musical. You'd have to do some singing. James Cagney, Yankee Doodle Dandy. Singing and dancing. You could throw Eddie Murphy in there with Dreamgirls.

John Wayne couldn't compare. He has no range. He has no real talent.

• Buzz
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I’d say one of them, not necessarily the greatest. 

• F
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

He was as wooden as a giant redwood.

• 2 months ago

Get off your horse & drink your synthetic dairy products...

• No-one with a brain thinks that.

Seek professional advice. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.