Anonymous

Did I over react with my sister by keeping her out of the bridal group?

My sister is a great person when she is normal and happy, but when she is upset, she is very indifferent and selfish. I am getting married next yr and I didn't pick her as my maid of honor for the same reason. I went to a bridal store today. I was told that there is a delayed in orders and was advised to ask my bridesmaids to get their dresses soon. I created a group chat with my bridesmaids and started by thanking them for being part of my bridal party. They were all very nice and excited, but my sister was replaying using 1 word message. One of the bridesmaids said something really nice to me and my sister replied back with "?". Nobody said anything but I found it very rude for her to be replying in such a dry way. I found out that she is upset because she had a warning at work and was about to get fired which confirms she was upset. I confronted her about it and she denied it saying that the ? Was intended for someone else. I asked her to at least say that so that the other girls do not feel uncomfortable, but she said that she won't apologize because she made a mistake and it wasn't a big deal. I told her that unfortunately I can't keep a person like this in the group and I will be sharing any information with her one on one. She got upset saying that I'm overreacting. Am I overreacting? The fact that she lies about it saying that she didn't mean to send it to the chat confirms that she knows what she did was wrong but won't admity it. What do you think?

I'm going to ask that if you are going to answer a question, take the time to read it. One of the bridesmaids reached out privately asking me what is wrong with my sister, so this isn't only me making things up. 

• T J

Why did you ask her to be in your wedding party at all?

• Foofa

Your sister sounds immature and irritable but you're treating your wedding like it's some exclusive club and you're the doorman at the velvet rope. Be grateful anyone was willing to spend money to be in your wedding and try to keep your sibling issues with your sister off the group text. Sounds like the both of you are embarrassing yourselves. 

• Alan H

You excluded her and wonder why she is upset!

Think about it

• bubula

You have issues with your sister, and with control, and they have little to nothing to do with your wedding/bridal party. It appears that you are leveraging your position as "decision maker" to put your sister in her place and let her know who's boss. Sorry, hon, but it's petty and childish. Apologize or let it go.

Best of luck.

I always said there is no one more boring on earth than a bride.