Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

Seniors? Can you name songs?

Name as many old goodie songs from. Years ago ok?

• kswck2

Sing, Sing, Sing-Bennie Goodman. 

Well, old timer, I still think about the HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN.  And ONCE THERE WAS A LITTLE OLD RAM (may be it was called HIGH HOPES).  But now, with our stimulus checks in the mail, I'm singing PENNIES FROM HEAVEN.  Do you realize the old songs actually had good or fun lyrics, they actually rhymed, and you could sing them to your mom with out dropping a F bomb? Dream Lover was a happy and hopeful song.  But one of my favorites is still DOWN BY THE OLD MILL STREAM. 

• Peggy

How about "There'll be bluebirds over the white cliffs of Dover" Vera Lynn.  Another "Sing as you go and let the world go by" Gracie Fields.  Lastly (though I know many more) "The Song of the Kettle"  Peter Dawson.  These all go back farther than I go back but Mum and Dad had these on huge 78 rpm records and I played them very often on their radiogram.

• Laredo

Blue Moon

Runaway

Take Good Care of My Baby

24 Hours from Tulsa

Rock around the Clock

Cathy's Clown

The Girl of My Best Friend

Only Lonely

Halfway to Paradise

Teenager in Love

Walk on By

Que Sera Sera

Secret Love

Those are a few songs that come to mind back in the day when I was younger.

I'm with Bulldog. I can name songs and sing the lyrics from songs as far back as in the 40's and some even farther back than that. I bought a pack of Rock and Roll from the 50's on CD's at a garage sale two years ago and almost drove my wife nuts singing with them on the car radio! I even remember some of the songs from the CD's that I hadn't thought of for over 60 years and sang along with them as if they were being sung today!. Long live Rock and Roll.

I can not only name hundreds of rock 'n roll and doo-wop songs from the 1950's, I can sing the lyrics that I have in my memory.

"Long live rock 'n roll

The feelin' is there body and soul."

"I don't care what people say,

Rock n' roll is here to stay."

• Dick

I was a classical musician. I remember the name (titles) of many songs and arias. I've had a life long hobby of folk, music and protest songs. I remember a large number of these ditties too. Some even turned up as "popular" during the folk music era of the 60s and 70s.

• RICK

I can name more than I have room for a few of my favorites 

Hello Mary Lou 

Good Golly Miss Mollie

Heartbreak Hotel

Cathy's Clown

• JASON

Cor Blimey Mrs, That's a Big One, I've not Seen One That Big Since The War.

• google  loves  you.