Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 1 month ago

Do you like boring conversations about grocery shopping?

Favorite Answer

Yes. Although it gets less boring when someone brings up the cereal killers...

a lot better than listening to trumps lies

• Foofa

These days, yes. Bring on the boring, just don't talk about the pandemic, the economy, politics, religion, et al. I'd rather hear a Von's manager talk endlessly about optimal shelf stocking than to hear one more electioneering diatribe. 

In early civilizations, life revolved around acquiring food - hunting and gathering. When farming was invented, life revolved around growing food too. We are so spoiled - we "have" to go buy it at the grocery store. 

From the beginning, food is a fundamental motivator, second only to breathing and just ahead of sex (a close third). 

Food can, and should be, a very sexy and sensual undertaking - it is the very essence of life! Freud asked, "What do women want?" The answer is so obvious - Dinner first! 

Couples' and families' relationships revolve around food. Food is sharing, food is love. 

I know one couple who had their wedding at the market where they met, on the Cheese aisle. 

My sister's mealtime conversations tend to drift to planning the next meal - the gumbo she's fixin' to cook, the barbeque tomorrow and what we should have with it. 

You don't have to be a great chef or connoisseur to get into meal planning, and talking about food can be almost as much fun as eating it. 

"Hey, why don't we get some GOOD BREAD for a change?" 

• Sandy

I'd only like it if I were being educated by a top chef about food and cooking it.

• I must say, I've never bored one.

• Troy

I don't like any boring conversations, but I have had some interesting conversations about groceries.