Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysHalloween · 1 month ago

How will you do Halloween this year? Trick or treat part.?

We are thinking to leave a bowl with candy on the porch, because I heard some neighbors will still have trick or treating. Will you do anything or not?

• donnie

We will see lol. 

I am going, with my flatmates and two children i often babysit, to go trick or treating in our neighbourhood. 

I am going to be' princess Aurora, the children two pumpkins and my flatmates Hermione (from 'Harry Potter ') and a wizard respectively. 

We are going to go  pretty soon though, in late afternoon ,because of the movement restrictions imposed by the Covid 's situation .

I live in Spain by the way...Covid is indeed a huge issue here.

• I am thinking if it is not too cold out I may dress up as a crash test dummy and sit on a chair on my porch looking like a limp dummy with the candies in a bowl nearby and then when trick or treaters approach I will come to life and hand out the treats. This way there will be less risk of people breathing or sneezing into the house. Under my costume I will have a surgical mask to protect myself. 

I’m too old for trick or treating, but I am still going to celebrate because Halloween is my 2nd favorite holiday.

• Ann

Not many people in Dallas (TX) are doing trick-or-treating this year.  The neighborhoods that used to go "all out" are not handing out treats.  There are some businesses are doing drive-by handing out of packaged treats.  There are some maps on the Nextdoor website of neighborhoods that are doing limited treating.  School carnivals, that used to be a great alternative to the door-to-door thing are all canceled this year, as are the churches' "Trunk or Treat" activities.  No one in our neighborhood is doing anything.  It's kind of sad for the children, but COVID cases are up again in Dallas County and no one is taking a chance..

• drip

My town is still having trick or treating, 

I made up candy bags. If the weather is good the dog and I will sit on the front porch. I will have a table out with the bags on it. I have a back patio on the front of the house. The kids can grab their bags without being near me. 

We will be skipping it entirely this year even though I bought tons of candy.   No reason to party this year.  

I don't do Halloween anyway, but I would skip it this year because I don't want to promote an activity that's going to spread a highly contagious and deadly virus. 

I don't do anything for Halloween. Bad things happen on Halloween.  No kids come where I live anyway.  But I think leaving the candy on the porch with the light on is a good idea.  Hopefully their parents will instruct them on how to stay safe from the virus. 

I will still place the candy in their bags.  Better for just me to do it than for dozens of kids reaching in the same bowl.