What does within 14 days and no later than the indicated deadline mean?

I got an email from Uni telling me to submit my application within 14 days and no later than the indicated deadline does that mean if the deadline is the 20th of January I should submit in within the two weeks earlier?

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

no.  it means a) do it NOW [within 14 days of date in the email] AND that any applications received on or after 20 Jan will be discarded to pushed to next semester [presumably to begin January 2022].  the 14 days is likely so they'll know if you plan to try for admittance or early admittance -- and if you don't respond within 14 days they will assume that you aren't interested or aren't very interested, or can't meet the minimum requirements.  Note that it is ok to not have completed testing prior to applying if you have the testing scheduled and can tell them when the test will be ... they'll then know when to expect the results you have sent directly to them.  [married 32 years to Uni Professor]

• donnie
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You have 14 days is what it means. Get it done early. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I read it that your application must be in before the date shown in the timetable on the website - that is the really important bit.

Preferably, seeing that the deadline date is 3 months ahead (!), please send in your application well before the deadline, so that the uni does not have to deal with lots of last minute applications.  

Even more preferably, send in your application within 14 days of receiving the e-mail.  From today that would mean before 2 November.

• 1 month ago

Submit your application within 14 days of receiving that email! If you don't, you risk losing that opportunity. By the official 20 January deadline, places are likely all filled. You could wait till January, but would be an absolute fool to do so.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Do it now (ie within the next 2 weeks). While they have relatively few to deal with at this time of year you will get answers/offers promptly.

You might still get considered if you wail till mid January, but by then they will be overwhelmed with other applications. Your wait for response will be much much longer.

• 1 month ago

Submit it within 14 days of receiving the email. 

• Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It means you should send it within 14 days and no application will be accepted after January 20.  So do it now and get it out of the way. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.