Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 2 months ago

I'm not a fat person so why should I subsidize the fat passengers by paying their extra fuel costs in my airline ticket price?

Shouldn't passengers be weighed as well their luggage and then charged accordingly.

Update:

The total weight is also important for safety reasons as well as fuel calculations.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

That is a great idea!!

• 1 month ago

If you don't want to fly with fat people and you're an American, then you need to rent a private plane to get to and from your destination.

• 1 month ago

Okay Karen...               

• FanMan
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Back in the barnstorming days, passengers were often charged by weight, often "a penny per pound".

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • david
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Only if you extend that rule to those who are big and physically fit. Of course things will go down hill once airlines start using that as a premise for cancelling flights. "We just don't have enough payload weight to justify the flight. Sorry, but you'll have to book another. Of course there will be cancellation fees, rescheduling fees, rebooking fees, ....

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

IDK. We were in Tombstone, a chunky woman said she was "jealous" of my slim girlfriend. All that Tempting Western food in that town, no wonder people get a bit obese. Just shows they Enjoy Life, not worry on petty stuff. .

• F
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

As a fairly large person, I’d be glad to pay a bit more on two conditions.

1. They also provide leg  room for actual adults.

2. They charge double for badly behaved children especially seat kickers who are “only playing”.

• fuzzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Charge by weight simple enough; simply step on the scales WITH your luggage. Base ticket say 100 kg for you & luggage + surcharge per kilo over at commercial carrier rate for route.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No! That is just rude, people can weight more than a fat person even if thin due to muscle and bone density! Maybe they should weigh your brain! It would be light like air! (you know the air that plane fly's in.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

People should be charged based upon what they weigh.  Of course, liberals will become enraged about this proposal since most liberals are morbidly obese.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.