Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

Seniors citizen ?

To anyone pushing 70..

Do you worry about if you put on weight?

Itseens likr.  Older we get,  our bellies droop lol

How in the heck you handle it?

For the one who’s in 60 s and pushing 70

TEENS STAY OUT..

WHAT DO YOU DO ABOUT IT???

Favorite Answer

I'm 75 i'm 6'2" and have always been fit throughout my life, my weight then was 95kg, since i retired i reached 118kg, i went down to 110 which was an effort, got sick and dropped to 102kg, now with this covid i don't get out much and am back to 110kg, i do worry about the big stomach but there's not much i can do about it at the moment. i'd sooner be a bit overweight than underweight, having an extra few kilo's is needed if you get sick.

• Peggy

I was always a very skinny child and only began to gain weight after having children but never put on so much that it became a problem.  My older brother and I were painfully thin as children and were given huge bottles of cod liver oil and malt by the school nurse in hopes that it would help us gain weight. We didn't, I think we were designed to be skinny, then thin and then slim and so we have remained - now in our later 70s.

I am 77 and always had a weight problem as a child and up to my 40s. My problem was being UNDERweight.  I was always having to be test weighed to see that I wasn't losing weight. I didn't, I just didn't put it on at the rate the medics thought I should.  As a middle aged woman I became accustomed to being referred to as skinny but I weigh a normal weight for my height and age - I just don't look the weight I actually am and some challenge me to get on the scale and prove my weight to them.  I do that and they are shocked.  I am quite tall but my weight is as it should be for someone of my age and general build.  I am not obsessed with my weight and only check my it when I've been ill.

• RICK

I'm 69, wife is already 73

Neither worry about our weight

Only during the holidays when I'm not as active and eat more.

But it burns off quickly  in warm weather.  

I will be 70 on my next birthday.  I am a male, over six feet tall and for the last 50 years I've weighed 160 lbs. +/- 5 lbs. depending on the season and how much ice cream I've eaten.

I'm not worried but I will say that I notice gravity is taking its toll, everything is being pulled downward. That's why they call face lifts, face "lifts"  70 years of gravity makes people sag. Some more than  others.  Those with less sag, probably get a good nights sleep.. sleeping on their backs where gravity is working for them, face and belly  ;) 

Also, elasticity is not what it once was. 

Source(s): Doctor wanted to put me on statins because when they did bloodwork my cholesterol was a little high. I told her 'thanks, but no thanks. I'll just eat less ice cream" I ate less ice cream and the next bloodwork was normal.

I am 68 still have a good figure and good sex life with my Boyfriend

I'm 72 years old and my issue is that I have an unusually large penis.

i think a lot of seniors are worried about it

I'm 69. I lift weights like I have all of my adult life. There's no one but yourself stopping you from living life in a way that keeps you healthy unless you have a chronic health problem that prevents it.