Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 months ago

Is penicillin poison?

Update:

Anti means against. Bio means life. It literally means "against life" and you're going to convince me it's not poison? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Dj2541
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    And  your  alleged  understanding  of word  useage and  word  make  up  is  appaling  and  very  simplistic!!!!!!!

    Penicillin is a Poison  to the bacteria that it is designed  to  attack?

    Are  you a Bacteria ?????

  • Bob
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    In large doses, anything can be poison.

  • 2 months ago

    Penicillin is a mold. For people who are allergic to penicillin, yes, penicillin Is a poison. If you are allergic to penicillin, you need some kind of medical alert bracelets pendant. Whether you choose to wear it or not is entirely up to you. I am a type 1 diabetic. I busily do not wear a medic alert bracelet or pendant. 

    Penicillin IS STILL USED for strep throat and infections. I had ani infected cut 8 to 10  years ago and I was put on o. Penicillin pills. They worked. I AM NOT allergic to penicillin.  

  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    it's a fungus that kills bacteria(l life)

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    They don’t use it anymore.  Last time it was used was during world war II

  • 2 months ago

    no, it is an antibiotic.

    troll

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.