Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 months ago

10 years, 2 kids and no proposal. What gives?

My boyfriend and i have a daughter who is 3 and I’m pregnant now with our son. We have been together since we were 15-16. We are in and off a lot sometimes but we have had stage where we were living together. But I’m 25 now and he’s 26 and he hasn’t proposed yet

• L

Discuss this with him - NOT us.

• garry

is he supposed t propose , i know my so called father had 5 kids to mom and never married her , its was 60 years and both had passed away , so  much for a dear wedding and a piece of paper ,  after all you only line the pockets of religion , they saved on that silly idea , being married doesnt say you wont get divorced , just sign the paper only . Anyway your boyfriend might like the way things are , think about it .

• Talk to him about getting married, see how he feels and let him know how you feel.

Once you're married or even living together, you and him should be trying to give 100 percent to your marriage / partnership.

He might be afraid of committing to you forever, or there may be other things going on in his mind or he may not be ready for marriage. 

I was with my husband for over 10 years, and no kids before he popped the question about 3 years ago. Some times relationships takes patients, time and understanding each others needs / wants. 

He's obviously content with his current lifestyle.

• Amy

10 years, 2 kids and you haven't proposed to him yet? What gives?

• n2mama

Why would he propose? What does marriage possibly offer him that he doesn’t already have? If getting married is important t to you, that’s probably a conversation you should have had a long time ago, certainly before you had children. Now there is really no reason for him to get married, since he has the benefits of marriage without the responsibilities of it. Do you at least have him on child support?

If you want a proposal, then you can do the proposing.

Does the saying "Why buy the cow when you get the milk free?" sound familiar?

this is something you should have a good talk with him

He's probably wondering the same thing.  Get off your butt and propose.  Stop playing the role of a subservient woman and enter the modern world.

• Tavy

Well ask HIM. Women can take lead these days.