Can I practice bow and arrow in the park and be like good? Like legally?

Listen. I live next to a big inner city park (not gonna say where cause duh) and I'm walk around and think "huh, this place is pretty empty and spacious." So like if I buy/make a bow and arrow I'm good, right? Like this isn't next to the playground or anything just a grassy field surrounded by trees. I'm not gonna be shooting arrows when I can see people. I'm not dumb lol

I just wanna be like my girl, Merida. I'm good right? Thnx!!!

6 days ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes you should be able to do it. 

4 days ago

Check the laws where you live, if you're "not dumb". Just because it's a wide open space, doesn't mean it's legal to shoot a deadly weapon. FYI, they also don't allow target practice with firearms in parks, even when people aren't around. 

6 days ago

i would ask someone in charge of the park about it

• 6 days ago

No.  You can not.  It's illegal.  You need an enclosed area like a shooting range.  It's for safety reasons.

I shoot in my backyard because I have over 2 acres and 8 miles of corn fields to the east and 20+ miles to the north.