liz asked in PetsCats · 6 days ago

Mysterious white powder flung around house?

We recently moved into a new home a few months ago and a couple of weeks ago my youngest most playful cat got very sick, vomiting blood and dehydrated. Bet couldn’t find a cause but gave treatment for infection/gastritis. I noticed a bunch of sprinkles of white powdery stuff flung around the kitchen floor a few days ago and then today found more puke. I also found more sprinkles of the stuff flung on a glass surface in the living room. Could this be poison making my cat sick? What on earth could it be? I’ve searched high and low and cannot find a source. Please help!!

Updated 6 days ago:

Vet* not bet

Updated 6 days ago:

If it is Borax how can I find where he is getting it from? Can’t find it anywhere and now I’m really worried. 

• Borax or Boric Acid sounds like a possibility. Terro is a common way of getting rid of sweet-seeking ants, and is a Boric Acid based clear liquid prior to drying.

• Mark
    6 days ago

It could be borax, a substance completely non-toxic to humans (unless they eat a whole box), but toxic to dogs and cats and often used for roach control.