Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

Does this outfit come off as more casual or formal?

I've this pair of satin joggers that I find more casual on their own (such as t-shirts), but I can't make up my mind when they are worn with more dressier tops, such as the bustier satin top. Together it kind of reminds me of a two-piece jumpsuit because the fabric is almost the same (crinkled satin), but at the same time, since it's JOGGERS I'm not sure if it just looks like a dressier version of the matching tracksuits, but those are in velvet fabric instead. I normally wear a turtleneck (2nd outfit), button down or a mesh top underneath the bustier top like a vest top, as I get cold easily.

Does a two-piece satin set look too formal for daytime?

But please no "it's ugly/don't wear it/throw it" comments. My style is rather unconventional (often inspired by 80s and 90s, kind of like Courtney Love's style where she will wear slip/grunge dresses with boots, except I prefer more cover-up and dressier outfits), so I've never been somebody who dress based on trends or what other people likes so even if you don't like the outfit, I will not stop wearing it!

Um did I ask this question when all Religious folks or thirsty men woke up?

I clearly wrote I prefer to layer the bustier top, but all you look at is the 2nd outfit with the cleavage (which isn't THAT low because I'm 34DD and no I'm not a "boob troll", unless you live in a culture where collar bone is considered scandalous), which is not what I'm asking.

Please no slutshaming. I'm not even interested in male attention or sex...Not everyone live in same culture... 

• drip
    Favorite Answer

I am surprised I like it with the plaid. Looks like a more finished outfit.  I think it is  more like an early evening look. But  with the right bag and make up you could wear it out during the day, 

Not a look to wear at work. 

Without the top under it, I wouldn’t wear the boots. A casual sandal or flat would work better, 

The right is casual. The left is formal. 

Definitely not formal, especially without the shirt.  But I wouldn't mind seeing it truly come off!

I don’t really know personally It would not look good on me

• -

I think it looks great on you with the turtle neck top.

I can associate such clothing as casual. I think that is suited for clubbing or partying at night with friends. I also don't see it as a slutty outfit.

Casual, in a sex-worker kind of way.

• Jerry

Athletic pants with a clubwear top? I don't care for it.