Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 1 month ago

Why are republicans against wearing masks?

• Traci

They aren't.. that is just another commie dem lie!

they like killing people with their germs

So you are saying that a person will switch parties based on a mask!!

Enjoy your rubber room

In United States law, depraved-heart murder, also known as depraved-indifference murder, is a type of murder where an individual acts with a "depraved indifference" to human life and where such act results in a death, despite that individual not explicitly intending to kill. In a depraved-heart murder, defendants commit an act even though they know their act runs an unusually high risk of causing death or serious bodily harm to a person. If the risk of death or bodily harm is great enough, ignoring it demonstrates a "depraved indifference" to human life and the resulting death is considered to have been committed with malice aforethought.[1][2] In some states, depraved-heart killings constitute second-degree murder,[3] while in others, the act would be charged with "wanton murder,"[4][5] varying degrees of manslaughter[6], or third-degree murder.

If no death results, such an act would generally constitute reckless endangerment (sometimes known as "culpable negligence") and possibly other crimes, such as assault.

Is there anyone regardless of political affiliation that doesn't want life back to normal? 

Now only saying "Republicans" is a gross generalization, because there are people of all persuasions going about without masks on.Heck, in most cities the homeless have been completely exempted from all mask requirements, as if living in squalor  somehow grants one immunity.  And we have all seen the photos of the "protest" riots with some masked, some no mask, and some with nose sticking out over the mask.  But I can truly understand a point-of-view where people are protesting wearing masks. 

With the medical community & media vacillating all over the place regarding the  effectiveness of wearing masks, they have come to symbolize surrender of our God-given civil-liberties to the nanny-state government. 

In the name of "social distancing" the nanny-state has curtailed our freedom of religion & freedom of assembly & even our right to work or run a business & our entitlement to public education, while their allies in Big Tech have curtailed our freedom of speech (note the loss of "comments" on news articles?). 

This "temporary" (maybe/maybe not) suspension of the Bill of Rights was exploited by the militant faction on the lunatic liberal-fringe to riot & burn & loot & destroy & assault & threaten all Americans in the name of "social justice", and by the Democrat party as yet another means of trying to "fire-up" their base to get off the couch, put down the cheezy-poofs & FourLokos, and vote for sleepy old Joe Biden.    

All that said, I wear a mask when inside public buildings, businesses, or large groups of people. 

.    

• Washing your hands with soap and water is just as effective. Besides when the 

started telling us what to do stop the spread which is not touch your face which 

is what I see a lot of people do with mask or without. 

Another thing is read the packaging for surgical mask you are supposed to change 

them every 4 hours which a lot of people don't do and I have seen some wear the 

same old they had the day before. 

My own precaution is just washing my hands with soap and water along with 

having a small bottle of hand sanitizer on me when I can't wash my hands and 

not touching my face. If I go into a store that requires wearing a mask I will. 

• Vela

the republican war on science continues. 

• Murzy

They feel their rights are being abused.

I think they resist, which is different than the Democrats who oddly want to conform. Republicans do wear masks, it's just that they have the presence f mind to know when it is useless to do so. The Democrats want to conform to their leaders like good little girls and boys. But their leaders don't conform. Don't tell the kids. 

• hamel5

Some are just want to mimic their cult leader, Trump.  With some it's just an adolescents defiance.  Some are just so dumb that they don't understand what a virus is or how droplets can spread COVID>