Senior citizens.How  do you want to spend the  rest of your life   I mean major activities to utilize time?

• kswck2

Cooking in a soup kitchen-did up till COVID. 

Being healthy.

Being self sufficient with money. 

Moving OUT of New York State-when wife retires. 

My goals are now inner ... I've been doing Buddhism with a local Lama for 20 years, and for the last 10 years, it has been changing me inwardly in very positive ways.  I no longer have outer goals.  Senior years end up becoming our future closing down, not opening up ... so we need to have inner riches.  Andf if you don't start early, you "miss the bus".

My ex is miserable now, but he never invested in inner wholeness/growth, so he's stuck.  I don't think he has enough time left TO find happiness that is not dependent on increasingly-sparse external rewards.

• Peggy

I'll settle for being reasonably healthy and able to get out and do my own shopping, banking etc.  I have plenty willing helpers but do not like having to ask others to do for me the things that I can still do.  When I need help I do ask for it but life would be so boring if I just sat in a recliner chair reading.  My joints and my brain need regular exercise to remain healthy so I ask for help when I need it but still do as much as I can for myself.  I do not have major activities if you are referring to sports but I do walk as much as I can as it is, probably, the best exercise there is and it's FREE.

I like doing entomological research (insects), and I love collecting beautiful vintage and antique items at thrift stores.

I enjoy board games, card games, and one or two internet games.  I just wish I had 3 steady friends to play with.  Mostly, I just find one thing to do each day.  Mowing, or shopping, or throwing the ball for my best friend to fetch.

The neighbor down the road gets my wife involved in doing estate sales with her for other people which forces me to get involved as well. It can be hard, time consuming and sometimes dirty work, but very interesting as well. 

I am enjoying Bible reading,  on-line church services, youtube videos, keeping in touch with friends and family, a little Yahoo, a little exercise.  I still have those pesky  things to do like take showers, wash dishes,  get groceries,  and other housework.  I don't  mind doing  them except that they take up my limited energy.   

• Judith

Finishing up genealogy albums.  Got my mom's side done (2 albums); now working on my father's side.  3 albums to go.  Making 5 copies of each album for nieces and nephews (25 albums in all). Lots of reading.  Lots of quilting and sewing.  Also jigsaw and crossword puzzles every day.  Lunching with family and friends - hopefully soon.  As little exercise as is possible to keep my body functioning.

• Dick

As the years start to pile up, I slow down. My physical needs keep increasing. I need GOOD food, more, I need to sleep and rest more. Most of my time is spent on meal preparation, home and grounds maintenance, and hobbies. I have a lot of hobbies, and it seems like I have less time to enjoy them. I get out with the 4whl drive and do nature photography. I make digital images and frame them. I fly RC aircraft when the weather is perfect. Amateur astronomy takes an occasional evening or two, now and then. Before Covid I volunteered to be a poll worker. Not now. There are not enough hours in each day.

Taking photos.

Scrapbooking them.

Seeing family.

Writing stories no one will read.

Taking rides to see nature.