How do I fix my back panel audio jack?

So it was working until last night, now no volume comes from my speakers. They appear in software as working but no sound is being produced. Tried reinstalling drivers through device manager and nothing.

They still work in front headphone jack.

Also, I can hear a slight muffle when I mute speakers and the hum when I insert them like normal, so I don't think it'd be a motherboard issue? 

Any ideas?

I should also add, this computer is very new, so I wouldn't imagine the sockets to be shot. I believe I am putting it into the right slot on the back as only one slot shows the the speakers coming up on my device list, just no sound. It comes up in the exact same way as if I were to use the front port, just no function.

• ?

did you restart the computer since then?

have you plugged headphones in the speaker port? if yes and no sound, and you're sure it's not muted, then it is time to uninstall sound drivers, reboot, and install them again.

Breakage or corrosion is a minimal risk on that back panel (directly on the motherboard) connector socket.  The fact that the front panel port works shows the motherboard audio device is working okay.  The fact that the same plug for the speakers works in the front panel shows that is good too.

Only thing I can think of is you are putting the plug into the wrong back panel socket. There are several, distinguished by colors.  Speakers or headphones plugs should go into only the green socket.  Check that you are doing it correctly.  And be sure the plug is fully seated.  All the connections (left, right, ground) must be touching the correct parts of the plug.  Over time, the internal fingers of the socket become bent from ideal shape.  Maybe yours are shot.