Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 month ago

is It worth to upgrade RAM memory on my old compaq laptop?

Hi, I have a compaq CQ62-225nr laptop with AMD Athlon 2 ghz processor and 3gb RAM memory. It had windows7 home on it but I upgraded it to windows 10. 

It is slow now and most applications take time to load.

Will increasing Ram memory make a difference?

I am planning to make it 8GB from 3GB.

It is only used by my parents mostly for checking email, pictures, some website browsing and YouTube.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The speed depends on processor speed .Processor PC speed is slow 2ghz ,so with more RAM it will not be faster.

Another thind.If your Windows 10 is 32 bits,processor can handle only 3  gb of RAM

• 1 month ago

Cheaper, to replace the computer!

• the  8gb  upgrade  sounds  feasible … but,  also,  make  sure  you  disable  win-10  WUDO … research  it … to  find  out  how  it  slows  down  computers.

• 1 month ago

Check first the upper limit of RAM size and the specific type of strip or strips you could use in that laptop.  Go to www.crucial.com and put in the model for an accurate recommendation.

Clean up the hard disk (make sure at least 25% open space), and limit the number of crapola software items are loaded on startup.  Use the task manager START tab to see what is loaded and taking up RAM space.  Uncheck any not necessary for normal operation.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

that's a pretty cheap upgrade -- and maybe their cell phone can do the same now at no added cost ... check it out

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.