Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

My car insurance quote is 1,200 in Florida per year. I thought red states were supposed to be cheap living ?

Call some other companies and get quotes - Progressive was surprisingly cheap - even with my daughter having a wreck on her record, and me having a few speeding tickets).

The political majority in a state has little to nothing to do with insurance rates.

• Phil M

Auto insurance rates have nothing to do with the cost of living.

rates are based on the driver, car, and area where you live

In the U.S., the price of car insurance is based on the age and gender of the driver.

I am guessing you don't know that RED IS A COMMIE COLOR.   Vote Blue to correct that situation.  It won't help car insurance though. If you are making payments on a new car - the bank owns it and they demand you have "Collision coverage" on the vehicle while the bank owns it.  Once you pay it off, then you can take off the Collision coverage...saving green.

• L

'Cheap living' has NOTHING to do with car insurance.  A Cheap Living means your food purchases are lower.

• CB

How much state tax do you pay dipshit.

It depends on what you are getting for your money.  Full coverage with 1 million liability insurance is what I have.  It costs me almost $1,100 for a vehicle worth $30,000

That's cheap, buddy.  Florida is one of the most populated states in the country, and higher population means more accidents.  More accidents means higher risk, and higher risk equals more expensive insurance.

And yes it is cheap.  I'm old as dirt (50) and have over 25 years of accident-free experience with a pristine driving record, my car is old as the hills (2003), and I pay around that much for "full" coverage per year.  And that's with my wife's truck and our house bundled together.  Because I live in southern Ontario, which means see the above equation.

If you're wondering why people in Iowa , North Dakota and Saskatchewan pay so little for car insurance, it's because what the hell is there to hit out there.  Same equation.

• May

You thought wrong !

Premiums aren't based on red states or blue states.  Premiums are based mostly on you and dozens of things about you and about the vehicle.