In Japan who are the cool people in school, in American movies it's the football players and cheerleaders ?

• T
    Favorite Answer

From my experience in Japanese schools, it's probably the volleyball players. A close second would be the soccer players or basketball players. Football isn't a popular sport in Japan and only a couple of schools in each prefecture have football clubs. Cheerleading is not something commonly practiced in Japanese schools.  Not every school has cheerleaders.

First of all, good looks. Next is a gentle personality. And it's important to be humorous and sociable. It doesn't make any sense to stand out in sports or cheerleading.

Usually TV personalities, actors or a famous band, as well as even news readers.

Comedians as well, I guess.

• donnie

I would assume there are multiple “popular” groups. In America there are also multiple popular groups as well beyond just that.