Zaya asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 7 days ago

Abusive Parents ?

My cousin neglects and physically and emotionally abuses her two children. She receives money from welfare for them but doesn't spend any of it on them. Instead, she spends it on drugs and on herself. The welfare money she receives is her only source of income ( she's too lazy to work). Sometimes the children don't even eat because she has no cash left over for them. Can I call the program she receives money from and report this? Will they stop giving her money?

By the way, CPS was already called on her but they didnt do anything. The fact that she receives help from welfare played a huge role as to why she got to keep them. Thats why I'm asking this question. 

12 Answers

  • 3 days ago

    report her to child protection mob

  • 5 days ago

    If I were you I’d try to gather evidence of the abuse eg pictures of bruises, record you asking her when’s the last time the kids are etc and then call CPS

  • Anonymous
    6 days ago

    You can try calling the program that gives her money, but this probably won't help.   They don't really pay that much attention to how the money is spent, because there are legit things besides the kids it can be used for, like rent or utilities.  Still, it's worth a call.

    CPS are the critical people here.   Can you get others to call them anonymously?  I'm not sure what you mean when you say the welfare money played a big role in her getting to keep them.  If there's neglect and abuse, they don't usually pay attention to where she gets her money.

    The other thing you can do, if you're ever sure she's using illegal drugs at that moment, is call the cops.  They can arrest her, and the kids will go into temp foster care.  Is there anyone who can step up and take custody of them?

  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 days ago

    i would report her and try to get custody of her kids

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 days ago

    It's so unfortunate that there are parasites like this in our society. If your social agency doesn't take appropriate action you can always notify your health department and police department. They'll take appropriate action and, if warranted, will remove the children and arrest her.

  • Carmen
    Lv 5
    6 days ago

    Anyone who abuse another human being especially a child will reap what they sow eventually. The unfortunate part about trying to look out for the interest of the children with Welfare or CPS is as mentioned sometimes it back fires on the child it children being separated or taken away from the home to possibly a worse scenario if other trusted family members don’t step in if applicable or it might result in the children losing their means to get help with food. I pray for a safe loving environment for the children and hope their mother gets the help she needs to better herself especially for her children. 

  • Anonymous
    6 days ago

    CPS is just as corrupt and lazy as the abusive parents it does not have arrested. It's a whole rotten corrupt system where those doling the money out to the abusive meth head and crack head parents don't want to make waves and want to keep their jobs so they're protecting the parents as their cash cows and their own sinecures. Both the abusive parents and the social workers enabling them need to swing from the gallows. Let your cousin overdose herself on her own drugs, that way it will just make sense. As soon as you are sure it's too late, call 911 to come pickup the corpse. Then raise her children clean and decent and drug free going to church and feed them good food. Praise the Lord!✝️

    Source(s): Common Sense dammit
  • 7 days ago

    Is there no subject you won't troll? Is it parent or parents? And you don't know what to do? Give it up.

    I think CPS need to be called for you.

  • 7 days ago

     You might try being a positive element in their lives instead of another destructive one. If she loses her kids (are you willing to take them?) and no one in the family will step up then the kids will likely end up in the foster care system and there is no guarantee that their lives won't become even worse in that case. Sometimes children's lives improve in foster care but sometimes it's even worse. How about you step up and try to make things better? 

  • 7 days ago

    You keep calling Child Protective Services again and again and again.

    You can call and report anonymously.

    The more often you call, the larger her file becomes with them and eventually something will be done.  Often, in the case of abuse and neglect, you have to call more often.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.