Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 days ago

I’m so frustated I can never get my food to taste as good as restaurants. What is the secret ingredient to making home food taste amazing ?

There are only 3 foods that I can make amazingly and they are tacos burritos and chili but I don’t want to get bored making the same thing every time. I suck at everything else. 

• Butter, salt, fat, fresh herbs/spices.

• 1 day ago

Breakfast is the first meal of the day, logic says you should start there for learning to cook too.

• Good
    2 days ago

Chefs use more sugar than you can imagine.

• Bloom your spices in hot oil before adding the other ingredients.

• kswck2
    3 days ago

You do realize that many, if not most restaurants are just reheating Frozen food, right? Particularly ones that do a lot of catering. 

Cooking well takes a Lot of practice, and patience.  And a good understand of what goes with what

• 3 days ago

What are you trying to make that you normally get at a restaurant?

• 3 days ago

Training and practice. Just keep practising........

• CB
    3 days ago

Butter and Salt - amp both of them up (as unhealthy as they are) it is what makes the difference.

• Anton
    3 days ago

There is no "secret" ingredient in any recipe.  (other than *fresh*)

Your "taste" is not my "taste."  YOU need to adjust the recipe to YOUR taste.

You need to figure out what spices you like, find recipes that use them.

--

If you actually want HELP, you need to lose that "Anonymous", post your old questions and what answers you thought was helpful.  And you have to a meal that you did, list the recipe ingredients and directions, and what you didn't like about it.

• denise
    3 days ago

Restaurants have such a large array of ingredients oils, herbs, spices, seasonings.

You couldn't possibly have all of them in your kitchen / larder,.

Just get a selection of the staples / basics which could 'help' your recipes along,   good luck!